Sunday, June 21, 2009

A typical weekend

Ok so not a good start to my blogging career as I forgot yesterday! Whoops. But in my defence I was reading a really good book and didn't want to stop. More about that later.


My weekend started with a nice early morning walk with Mili. Once back we popped up to the supermarket to get food for the weekend. Late morning a friend came round and after coffee and cake we retired to the hot tub to continue chatting. Very civilised and only slightly "dampened" by some occassional light rain. After a spot of lunch and another coffee, our friend headed off and I started on the aforementioned book.


It's called "a puppy called aero" by Liam Creed. Liam suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Syndrome. The book is a very honest account of how working with dogs helped him to manage this better. As I am a bit of a softie for animals there were several times when I found myself welling up. It is really thought provoking and a lovely story. Well worth a read.


This morning started with another long dog walk. Two hours and five miles later I had a muddy dog who needed a bath. I now have a damp tired dog sleeping on the back of the sofa.



No comments:

Post a Comment